Text

"An error in the beginning is an error indeed." - St. Thomas Aquinas
"Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath and a glass of wine." - St. Thomas Aquinas


Project Ultrasound


***10 Week Challenge Update: Week 1 9/12-9/16 10.75

Whaddya Say?

Friday, September 19, 2008

Fall Resolutions

Everyone knows about those New Year Resolutions. We spend the last half of each year developing, analyzing, and changing them. Come January 1st, we pick one of them and then ...what? How many of us make them happen? I've made a few resolutions..achieved some..like losing weight and making time for personal prayer. There are many that have just fallen to the wayside. Snatched up by life and discarded as crazy ideas or bad dreams. This year I want to make a fall resolution. I want to get more involved in my community. I want to help others. Hence, this blog. I have already contacted some agencies in the area and am taking the steps towards living a more charitable life. I don't mean charitable in the sense that I am going to give more money. Charitable in that I want to Love as God loves others. I want to see with His eyes, talk with His mouth and hear with His ears. True charity. True love of others. I have never visited a nursing home or sat with the sick and dying. I have never been to a soup kitchen, I haven't been to a hurricane ravaged city. Sometimes just taking time to really listen to those in my life. To hear them in a new way. To see their struggles and pain, their joys and happiness. I resolve, this fall, to do these things. To offer myself to others in ways I never have before. I ask for your prayers to help me keep my resolve. Would you like to join me in making a fall resolution? Share your resolutions and your experiences here. I know there are many talented people out there that can inspire and motivate us all. I look forward to hearing from you.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin