Text

"An error in the beginning is an error indeed." - St. Thomas Aquinas
"Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath and a glass of wine." - St. Thomas Aquinas


Project Ultrasound


***10 Week Challenge Update: Week 1 9/12-9/16 10.75

Whaddya Say?

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Update on the Struggle

I must thank all those who are praying for my me and my mom as we struggle to quit smoking. She's doing great! Although the better she feels, the more the temptation to smoke hits her. Keep praying! 5 weeks and counting. I, on the other hand, am not having such an easy time of it. Yesterday I was bombarded with excuses.

a) I'll gain weight (that's a HUGE one, since I have recently shed 10 years of over indulgence)
b) My smoke breaks are MY time..my quiet, sit on the porch and enjoy creation time, my peace of mind time.
c) It's too hard!

Then, at Adoration last night, I asked Our Lord, how do You see me..I'm not sure I really wanted to know that. Then comes the answer to my excuses this morning.

a) Don't be a glutton! Exercise.
b) Turn your selfish desires for "your" quiet time into My time
c) Nothing is impossible with Me, ask for help.

So. I'm running out of excuses and smokes. The day is fast approaching. Keep praying! Ol' Screwtape is a nasty fellow, who likes to visit me disguised as a cigarette.

7 comments:

Suzanne said...

What date are you speaking of?
I'll be keeping you in my prayers.
I just went to the doc this morning. She reminded me (speaking of WW and losing weight and all that)
that starting a new habit takes about 3 weeks..this applies to you too...3 weeks...one day at a time..I like what came to you after Adoration..its very much the TRUTH.
Be at peace...even be pleased with the fact that you want to do this..you are a good person..tell him to go to hell..you know who I mean. ;) (and it isn't a person)!!

Sarah - Kala said...

try reading www.redcardigan.blogspot.com
Has stuff right up your alley in the political stuff. :-)

- Sarah

Sarah - Kala said...

And, you know you can ring me up any time you are feeling tempted - just tell me to shut my gob and listen! I'll even pray with you over the phone. I LOVE YOU!! Hang in there - God knows what He's talking about - He's saying, "Lean on me, Kim. You can do all things through Christ, Who strengthens you."
{{{hugs}}}

Dawn said...

Suzanne, you certainly called me on that date thing! I have decided that Oct 2 will be my quit date. I am going out of town that day and will be surrounded by non-smokers and prayer partners! Thanks friends!

Anonymous said...

Keep going girl! "With God all things are possible". As you know from reading my blog it has taken me a long time to get to the state of mind I am in. Unceasing prayer and hard work. I still have far to go, but it gets easier. Sometimes I have to literally talk myself through 30 seconds at a time. Praying for you!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. I don't know where I'VE been - but I've never been here on your blog before! Glad to find you. Looks like you and I know a few of the same bloggers though!

I will add you to the prayer list tonight to help you quit the nasty habit. I quit 10 years ago. It's hard, but very doable. Now I'm one of those obnoxious detesters of the smell.

God bless.

Therese said...

Dawn,

I am coming up to my 10th anniversary of no smoking and I so know what it is like to give up. It was honestly the hardest thing I ever made myself do.

I remember when I gave up that the first 4 days were the hardest. If you can stick at it for those four days, it will be much easier. I will pray for you especially from the 2nd of October.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin