Text

"An error in the beginning is an error indeed." - St. Thomas Aquinas
"Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath and a glass of wine." - St. Thomas Aquinas


Project Ultrasound


***10 Week Challenge Update: Week 1 9/12-9/16 10.75

Whaddya Say?

Friday, November 14, 2008

Sweet Deals!

I did some shopping yesterday. Let me just borrow a word from my son's fav character Napoleon Dynamite, "Sweet!" I bought 3 pairs of jeans, 2 pairs of shoes, a dress shirt and some sunglasses for just $19.00!!! Where you say? Where did I get this great deal? My local Thrift Store.

Oh..used stuff. Well, I have to tell you, the shoes I bought, Converse All Star Chuck Taylors, for my daughters, were brand new and only cost $2.50 a pair. Compared to $45 at the Converse website. The jeans, were only $13.50 for all three. At the local mall I would have paid well over $60. The shirt, an Eddie Bauer plaid number, for my son was just $2.50! The sunglasses, very 70's, my daughter wanted were only $.50.

Not only did I get a great deal, but at the same time, I helped out my communtiy. A portion of the monies that I "donated" are used to help fund local soup kitchens and food pantries and clothing closets for the poor in our area.

One of the local Goodwill's here is situated right across the street from the mall. They are often donated large amounts of overstock from mall stores such as Banana Republic and The Gap. Brand new, designer duds at prices that are amazing!

Oh! Oh!..I also found a beautiful children's nativity set for my Sunday school classroom Christmas display. For under $5.00!

So shop and give at the same time! It's truly a sweet deal.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin