Tomorrow is Friday Fast for The Unborn 8-Noon. Thanks or joining us!
A Catholic Mom in Hawaii: Send a Christmas Letter to a Pro-Life Heroine in Jail for Silently Witnessing to Life
By John-Henry Westen
TORONTO, November 24, 2008 (LifeSiteNews.com) - Pro-life heroine Linda Gibbons will spend another Christmas in jail this year for her refusal to abide by an injunction which forbids even silent prayerful pro-life witness on the public sidewalk in front of the Scott abortion mill in Toronto.
Rosemary Connell of Show the Truth Canada informed LifeSiteNews.com today that Gibbons appreciates very much the letters and cards she receives from pro-lifers all over the world. She assures them of her prayers as well.
"I know she appreciates letters and cards and the effort to send them," Connell told LifeSiteNews.com. "She enjoys letters and art work from children also. She is very humble about the number of letters she gets each day. Please consider sending a Christmas card and short letters regularly. It is great for her spirits and important that the employees of the prison know of her supporters. It reminds people of the plight of little babies being threatened by abortion."
The rules for such letters are:
- handwrite or type address and return address on envelope
- no stickers or stamped images etc. on envelope or in letter
- put return address on letter as well as envelope
- no plastic prayer cards or bookmarks - paper prayer cards and bookmarks are fine
- she is allowed a couple of pamphlets but not many
- no questions about day to day workings of the prison - baby saves, prayer groups, difficulties she faces. She cannot comment on the day to day workings of the prison but will call Show the Truth with any news.
- please number your letters so she can be sure she is getting all that you send
- please include a pro-life comment in each letter - facts of numbers of children being executed, loss of God's children, our prayer for everyone involved in abortion industry
Gibbons' upcoming trial is Jan 12, 2009 in Toronto.
Letters should be addressed to
Linda Gibbons - Vanier Women's Detention Centre
655 Martin St. - Box 1040 - Milton, ON