Text

"An error in the beginning is an error indeed." - St. Thomas Aquinas
"Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath and a glass of wine." - St. Thomas Aquinas


Project Ultrasound


***10 Week Challenge Update: Week 1 9/12-9/16 10.75

Whaddya Say?

Friday, April 3, 2009

St. Josemaria & My wishlist

So lately I have been calling on our Lord for everything under the sun. :) I feel like a kid again, in that, back then I had no limits to my wants and desires and frequently asked Him for all of it. Including a million dollars! As I got older I began to feel like maybe I was using him as one would use a genie in a lamp. "Here, God, this is what I want, grant it for me".

So I began to shy away from asking Him for what I wanted. I note here, that was to my detriment.

Then I read a book called Left to Tell. A woman going through the Rwandan genocide who relied wholly on God during her time of captivity. She would often tell Jesus what she wanted and thank Him in advance. I thought that was kinda weird, too forward, not reverent and definitely not something I would do.

Then...I realized one day, as I was praying, I was doing it. I thanked God for the blessings in my life and for any future blessings and graces He would bestow upon me and my family. Umm..okay..so let's go one step further then. I'll just sorta ask Him, in a roundabout way..(and I was always concerned about how I asked..don't want to make Him mad, ya know?)..

Then last night I read this by St. Josemaria Escriva:

"Be more daring still, and whenever you need anything, mindful always of the "fiat" - "Your will be done" - don't ask, tell him: "Jesus, I want this or that". For that's the way children ask." #403 The Way

I love the way He works. He always answers my questions.

1 comment:

CJ Sweet said...

Wow, that was a great post. I've gone through that whole thing too; not wanting to seem too forward, careful how I word things. How silly that is. Jesus has said we must approach the Father as children and so it is true, that is how they ask. Boldly. Thank you for this wonderful direction from this great saint!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin