Text

"An error in the beginning is an error indeed." - St. Thomas Aquinas
"Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath and a glass of wine." - St. Thomas Aquinas


Project Ultrasound


***10 Week Challenge Update: Week 1 9/12-9/16 10.75

Whaddya Say?

Saturday, July 25, 2009

I Just Saved....**UPDATE**


Here's the pic. I couldn't get these clowns to give me a good shot. It is what it is..:)
no, not car insurance. Daughters haircuts! How? You ask? How did I save $30? Well, I did it myself! Yea!! $30 bucks folks! That's a lot of dough! oops..I'm on Atkins...no dough! That's a lot of salad folks!

Now, mind you, this is not the Hollywood, $75 hair style. Just a cute bob with bangs. Keeps it off the neck and out of the eyes and *ahem* I think I did a pretty good job of it. When I get my camera I'll put up some pics. Tomorrow!! I get my camera tomorrow!

Now for some reason I have a bit more trouble cutting the boys. Perhaps because it's so short already. I'm nervous to make 'em bald. Hubby cuts the boys hair. It saves us $20 every two weeks. That's a whoppin' $40 a month and $480 a year. With me cuttin' the girls (they don't need it as often, a trim every 6 weeks) we are saving $270 a year. That's $750 a year on haircuts! And that's when I can find a salon that will cut the girls for $15. Some of them charge $25. I even wash and style their hair, talk about life and such and we make it a true salon experience..at home.

Now, if I could figure out how to cut my own hair...

3 comments:

Sarah - Kala said...

Don't cut your own hair. Those days out to the salon are your days to enjoy a few hours of pampering. :)

Therese said...

I cut the boys hair with clippers. It is so easy. I am not game enough to cut the girls hair. I am worried that I will do a terrible job. You cannot go wrong with a pair of clippers but you can with a pair of scissors.

Gramma 2 Many said...

Reminds me, I need to call and make an appointment for my hair. I cannot cut mine either!
Besides, moms do need a bit of tender lovin care from others sometimes. Do it and do not feel guilty!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin