Text

"An error in the beginning is an error indeed." - St. Thomas Aquinas
"Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath and a glass of wine." - St. Thomas Aquinas


Project Ultrasound


***10 Week Challenge Update: Week 1 9/12-9/16 10.75

Whaddya Say?

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

St. Clare, my Patron, Ora Pro Nobis!


Clare was a beautiful Italian noblewoman who became the Foundress of an order of nuns now called "Poor Clares." When she heard St. Francis of Assisi preach, her heart burned with a great desire to imitate Francis and to live a poor humble life for Jesus. So one evening, she ran away from home, and in a little chapel outside Assisi, gave herself to God. St. Francis cut off her hair and gave her a rough brown habit to wear, tied with a plain cord around her waist. Her parents tried in every way to make her return home, but Clare would not. Keep reading

3 comments:

Anne said...

Beautiful! I copied you by posting the hands of the priest prayer on my blog, I hope you don't mind. I had written a post about hands a few weeks ago and several people sent me this poem so I thought it fitting to post it. Peace!

Sarah - Kala said...

That's it, Anne. You really crossed the line now! HA HA HA HA HA!!
Anne, you know I love ya!!! I just have to pick on people - I'm feeling so giddy that the storm isn't going to destroy O'ahu . . . . wheeeeeeeee!
Okay, I'll get off the coffee.

Dawn, it's almost nine pm your time. Call me. Okay, you can call me tomorrow. I'll be here all alone as the kids will be in school. I'll be bored. :)

Dawn said...

Ladies..ladies! Copy all you want.
If it's not mine than I try pretty hard to post the source..if there is no source than thank God for the gift. I don't own anything, He just lets me borrow it.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin