Text

"An error in the beginning is an error indeed." - St. Thomas Aquinas
"Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath and a glass of wine." - St. Thomas Aquinas


Project Ultrasound


***10 Week Challenge Update: Week 1 9/12-9/16 10.75

Whaddya Say?

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Today's The Day

we make our first mortgage payment! It's really ours!

Took the doggie on a walk around the block twice this morning. That's 2 miles down for the day. I didn't want to get up early but I wanted to exercise outside today before the construction crews start. Yesterday I did the treadmill and it was okay, but I find it much more fun to treadmill with a friend. We have a pretty good hill here in the neighborhood, so T-bone and I tackled it twice. It was nice and steamy outside as well. My glasses got fogged up a few times.

Weight loss is slow this time around. I really don't know why. I've got to change things up a bit..kick start that metabolism.

I'd like to stay home all day and finish the stitching project I'm working on. But errands call, I have a couple of books waiting for me at the library and I need to run to the post office and mail a package out. I've been putting that one off for a while now.

It should be a quiet day. It's dark outside..more rain today. That's good. My flowers are thanking Heaven. So am I, for saving me on my water bill. I've been looking for the rain barrels. They are a bit expensive. We want to make our own, but trying to find empty barrels is not so easy. I may end up just buying one. They are pretty prevalent on ebay. Rain barrels and solar power. That's our next big projects. Lots of research still to do. I also want to pick up a storm door for my front door.

Speaking of storms. Yesterday we had a good one. The wind came in so hard and fast there were tree limbs all over. It had been sunny all morning, about 2:30 in the afternoon you could see the clouds coming. (Did I tell you how much I love the sky here.)Then the wind hit, the rain, thunder and lightning. Then the rainbows and the sun peaking out behind white clouds surrounded by blue sky. It's just amazing the transformations here.

Blessings to you all!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dawn,
Love your site and thoughts for "Today's The Day." God Bless You dear heart! As a follower of Christ I applaud your boldness and Spirit!
Just a Thought: Should you decide to set up multiple rain barrels (even one) remember, if you have gutters, keep them clean. It is so important, as granny use to say, "water coming out of the rain barrel is only as clean as it is going in....now gitttt out there and clean!" But, she was so right...and most of us hate cleaning rain gutters. If you are one of those people who hate cleaning rain gutters, as I did, then please visit me at www.GutterClutterBuster.com and you will see my new invention, called the Gutter Clutter Buster. See if it is something that might make your job easier & faster so you can spend more time either reading, writing, or sharing His Word.
God Bless America and God Bless You. Stay well, stay safe, and "Let Not Your Heart Be Troubled.!"

Sarah - Kala said...

Mucho bettero.

Hugs,
Sarah

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin