Text

"An error in the beginning is an error indeed." - St. Thomas Aquinas
"Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath and a glass of wine." - St. Thomas Aquinas


Project Ultrasound


***10 Week Challenge Update: Week 1 9/12-9/16 10.75

Whaddya Say?

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Martha/Mary Moments

source: Nathan Greene.com
I started my day laughing! I began reading Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World by Joanna Weaver. (got it at the Local Library) I haven't gotten very far but I can see myself in these two women in so many ways.

Being a woman in this world can be so conflicting. So many demands are placed upon us. Whether it's career, home, children, family, study, prayer, volunteer, we are asked to give, give, give. Then the media, television, radio, they all tell you to take a break! oh, and by the way they have the product or fantastic destination that will make your break so relaxing. Which just leads to one more thing for a woman to give. So there is no true relaxation.

I find, like Mary, that being at the foot of Christ is the best place. I have made it a practice to try to get to Adoration every Wednesday. It is not so easy. Many preparations are made to make it easier for this to happen. That's where my Martha speaks. She makes sure to remind me that the kids need to eat before I leave..not after!

I would like to use this book in our women's group. Have you read it? Let me know what you think. Share your Martha/Mary moments.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin