Text

"An error in the beginning is an error indeed." - St. Thomas Aquinas
"Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath and a glass of wine." - St. Thomas Aquinas


Project Ultrasound


***10 Week Challenge Update: Week 1 9/12-9/16 10.75

Whaddya Say?

Friday, July 30, 2010

Friday Flashback - First Day of School

Friday Flashback




This picture was taken the year I began this homeschooling journey. My oldest, was taking the picture. He would be the one homeschooled (at the time 6th grade). I had the other 3 home in two years.

At the time I was a child care provider and was taking care of the little boy in the pic, Aiden. He was a sweetheart. The two did not mesh, however, homeschooling and work. So, I found him a replacement and concentrated on my boy. It was a rough year, but we made it and I'm so thankful that we chose this route for all the kids.

We start school next week. Whew..the years are flyin' by. In this pic, blondie was not even in Kindergarten yet. Now she's in 4th grade. Mr. Big Boy was heading to 4th grade. Now he'll be a freshman in high school alongside his brother, a Junior. Big Sister is heading into 7th grade. She was in 2nd grade when this was taken.

I love how our Principal is standing in the background. Ready for action!

Thanks Musings of a Mom for this great way to share a Friday.

If you'd like to participate in Friday Flashback head over to her website, grab the button and link up. We'd love to see your blast from the past.

7 comments:

Gardenia said...

a great photo, holding many memories for you. I love to look back at photos like these of mine as well -- they show us how far we have come and remind us of the joys of earlier days.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful post! Time sure does fly! Thanks for participating!

Frizzy said...

My hat is off to all you moms who are able to homeschool. I wish I had it in me and that my daughter would thrive from learning from me.

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

You all look happy!

Sarah Oldham said...

HA! Y'all look great, seriously. I love how you're holding A's hand. He was a cutie!

Your husband has changed alot, too!

Sarah Oldham said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Our Family said...

This is around the same time I meet you!
Thank you for your wonderful friendship.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin