Text

"An error in the beginning is an error indeed." - St. Thomas Aquinas
"Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath and a glass of wine." - St. Thomas Aquinas


Project Ultrasound


***10 Week Challenge Update: Week 1 9/12-9/16 10.75

Whaddya Say?

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Baking Competition

Just got home from our MCCW 1st Annual Baking Competition. MCCW is our ladies group at Church. Military Council of Catholic Women.

Let me tell ya..the sweets runneth over today. I barely had a taste of the winning entries and had to stop. Too much!

We had 3 categories, cakes, cookies and pies. Contestants made tasty treats like blueberry pie (to die for), red velvet cake and thumbprint cookies to key lime pie. Over all there were 15 entrants and 21 different treats to taste.

Our men's group, The Knights of Columbus, judged for us. The overall winner was an Irish Creme Cake with Almonds.

I won 1st place in the cookie category with my chocolate peanut butter sandwich cookies.

But the best thing was that it was just so much fun! I love a good competition so this was just a great day for me. Even if I hadn't won, I would still be stoked. It was great to share these awesome treats and our time with our friends from church. Just a wonderful day dernit!

I can't wait for next year!

Pictures will be in the next post. I'm exhausted and just need a nap :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin