Text

"An error in the beginning is an error indeed." - St. Thomas Aquinas
"Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath and a glass of wine." - St. Thomas Aquinas


Project Ultrasound


***10 Week Challenge Update: Week 1 9/12-9/16 10.75

Whaddya Say?

Friday, May 18, 2012

Exercise the Whole

Today begins the Novena to The Holy Spirit. The only novena officially sanctioned by the Church because Jesus instructed the apostles to Jerusalem to await the Holy Spirit at Pentecost. It is a beautiful prayer and you can find and print the entire text at EWTN http://www.ewtn.com/devotionals/pentecost/seven_tx.htm (can't get the link button to work on the ipad) I've really made a dedicated effort this year to be more disinterested in my prayer. Not in that I don't care, but that the prayer I make is not for me. That the Blessed Mother will take my prayer and make it beautiful and present it to God and He'll do what He wishes to do. It's not easy to do this. My relationship with the Blessed Mother isn't all that great. That's my fault. I neglect her way too much. My hope is to come to love her as Jesus did. Aim high! Right? Along with daily prayer I 've started back on the treadmill. I am walking 3 miles a day and I'm glad I have worked on this discipline. I'm 22 weeks now, so getting up earlier does make me more tired during the day. I have to start at 5 am while El Bambino is still sleeping. The physical exercise and the spiritual exercise are complimentary. If you've never done a novena before I encourage you to begin with this one. Start today! If you've not exercised physically in a while, take a walk. It does for your body what prayer does for your soul.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin