Text

"An error in the beginning is an error indeed." - St. Thomas Aquinas
"Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath and a glass of wine." - St. Thomas Aquinas


Project Ultrasound


***10 Week Challenge Update: Week 1 9/12-9/16 10.75

Whaddya Say?

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A Little Food, A Little Music..

Okay..class one done! I set up the "Something is wrong here" kitchen. Hazards and a general mess everywhere. I gave the kids 1 minute to look around and write down all the hazards they could see. We discussed proper kitchen safety and food handling. I have ended up with mostly ages 8-10. Not what I thought I would have but we'll make it work.

Next week we begin cooking. We are going to make breakfast. Eggs and pancakes, maybe some french toast. I am going to work on the menu and ingredient/supply list today.

On another note, I am so excited. My oldest son is having his first guitar lesson as we speak. This wonderful man from church has agreed to take time out and come and teach him a thing or two. It's good for two reasons. One, he's learning guitar, but more importantly, he's learning to interact with another adult on a personal level. This is not easy for him. He's having to think about what he wants out of playing the guitar and ask himself questions like "why do I want to learn this?" It sounds like a no brainer...but he's not used to doing that. He has always just sort of done what we told him to do. Am I making sense? I guess it's hard to explain. I am just thrilled that he has this opportunity.

Plus, Mr. C brought me a Guamanian cookbook to peruse and make some copies of. I can't wait to get to it.

Have a great day and thanks so much for your words of encouragement with this class of mine!

Blessings all around to you!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Hi Dawn. Thanks for stopping by Blog Around the World. Just wanted to let you know that you are all linked up!

Journey of Truth (Sarah) said...

Okay, didn't I tell you you'd be great? Call me when you get a chance - sorry I missed your call earlier - I was at the chapel setting up dates and then went to the commissary in.the.rain. :(

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin