Text

"An error in the beginning is an error indeed." - St. Thomas Aquinas
"Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath and a glass of wine." - St. Thomas Aquinas


Project Ultrasound


***10 Week Challenge Update: Week 1 9/12-9/16 10.75

Whaddya Say?

Friday, January 16, 2009

Rock Stars and Jesus Freaks

Guess where i was last night. Sitting right in the middle (wellsort of off to the right) of WinterJam 2009! That's right folks. Non-stop Christian Rock and there was even a love offering.

My family and I sat just right stage of Francesca Battiscelli, Hawk Nelson, Brandon Heath and...are you ready?!?!?!?...Can you dig it!?!?!?!?...TOOOOOOOOBYYYYYMAC! Tobymac. Excuse the hysteria. I have to say, Mr. Mac brought the house down. I didn't lose most of my hearing until he arrived and the cadre of young women behind me proceded to make sounds in ranges I didn't think were possible.

He put on a great show. My son is a big fan of Mr. Mac and it was a joy to watch him dance and sing along at his very first rock concert! Dare I say, I almost cried. It was beautiful!

Hey, even I got into the handwaving, arm pumping, music!

That I was made to love You
I was made to find You
I was made just for You
Made to adore You
I was made to love
And be loved by You
You were here before me
You were waiting on me
And You said you'd keep me
Never would you leave me
I was made to love
And be loved by You


Those are some of the lyrics.

We filled James Brown Arena. We even heard the story of a Korean orphan who was adopted through Holt International, and there was a push to adopt children. I was surprised at that. Not literally take them home, but to sponsor them monetarily.

I was glad we went, my ears hurt and I couldn't understand half of what was said on the mics, but it was fun! Fun, I Tell ya! That Tobymac doesn't disappoint. One heckm of a show!
Here's a clip of one of his songs...this is a very toned down version..last night was just righteous man, righteous!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin