Text

"An error in the beginning is an error indeed." - St. Thomas Aquinas
"Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath and a glass of wine." - St. Thomas Aquinas


Project Ultrasound


***10 Week Challenge Update: Week 1 9/12-9/16 10.75

Whaddya Say?

Monday, August 24, 2009

The School Bus is Coming!

Well, not really, but it's fun to think about :).

I finally ordered all my curriculum for this year. We are scheduled to start on September 8th. The day after Labor Day. I have gone through all the old books and put them in bins and am currently going through all the papers. Ugh.
Tons of papers.

We received final report cards and the kids were so excited. They were so proud to show Dad that they all earned A's and B's. My high schooler pulled a 3.2 average and is discovering that life is waiting on him, just around the corner. I think (and I stress "think") he's beginning to take things seriously.

I am so proud of all of them. They worked very hard and none harder than the big boy. Term papers, book reports, essays and Algebra tests, he was plain tired of it all. But he pulled through. He got all B's and 1 A...in Religion. I cannot argue with that. Thanks Be To God.

So, books are on their way and shelves are being reorganized. Schools supplies are purchased.

New pencils, so precisely
sharpened,
crisp, white paper beckons
Colorful and true
colored pencils seek out
a shape
crayons neatly stacked in a row
books, so fresh and vibrant
stories, knowledge, life
opportunity knocks at each door
what lies ahead
determination, perseverance
Patience
Foundations built
rock solid
Christ leads
we follow (kb)

1 comment:

Gramma 2 Many said...

I remember how I looked forward to school starting, but the school bus really came to our house. Homeschooling was pretty much unheard of when my kids were growing up.
Hope everyone has a great year and succeeds in staying focused.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin