Text

"An error in the beginning is an error indeed." - St. Thomas Aquinas
"Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath and a glass of wine." - St. Thomas Aquinas


Project Ultrasound


***10 Week Challenge Update: Week 1 9/12-9/16 10.75

Whaddya Say?

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Three Ways To Smile

Fellow Bloggers & Blog Readers, I need your help.

The whole reason I blog is to help others. (Even if it's just that what I said made them laugh out loud!) Laughter is good for your health.

I am asking you to help me make people smile. Maybe even laugh out loud.

Way to Smile #1
Catholic Chicks has been trying to get donations of blankets for the homeless in her community. She has had no luck from any of the major retailers. Take a moment to check out her Operation Comfort.

Way to Smile #2
From a Military Chaplain in Germany:
During the two weeks prior to Christmas, Ramstein Air Base will have thousands of soldiers, airmen, marines, and sailors come transit through the terminal into the
hospital, en route to a war zone, en route back to their home station.
Volunteers put together thousands of gift bags. Everyone gets one.
Whether they are here for 30 minutes or a long stay in the hospital.

Whenever we are asked our greatest need, it is letters!

To reach our goal of 10,000 bags this year we will need to collect
more than 30,000 hand-written letters.

Letters CANNOT:
Be Dated
Ask any questions about war, injuries, killing, etc (Believe it
or not 10% of all letters cannot be delivered because of this)
Be politically motivated or mention politicians or political
affiliation
Be type written or a photocopy
Be in a unsealed envelope (all letters have to reviewed before
being handed out)

Letters CAN:
Express support and appreciation
include a drawing (if from a child)
Tell about the writer's family, life, likes, etc.
Share personal experiences that motivate
include a return address

Send the Letters to:

Father (Capt.) David V. McGuire
PSC 1, Box 4856
APO, AE 09009


Way to Smile #3
Post this info on your blog. Pass it on to your email list.


Can you help make someone smile today?

"I am only One, but I am One. I cannot do everything,
but I can do something. And I will not allow what I cannot do to interfere with what I can do."
- Edward Everett Hale

1 comment:

Maurisa said...

Dawn,

Do they need donations for the gift bags too? If yes, what are they looking for? I plan on posting this to my blog a bit later today.

Blessings!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin