Text

"An error in the beginning is an error indeed." - St. Thomas Aquinas
"Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath and a glass of wine." - St. Thomas Aquinas


Project Ultrasound


***10 Week Challenge Update: Week 1 9/12-9/16 10.75

Whaddya Say?

Monday, January 18, 2010

Sweet Music...

Looking over at Sarah-Kala's pics of a beautiful Hawaii day, I was left in awe of God's creation. Since I don't get to Hawaii much and haven't found much inspiration here in the winter months, I started thinking of other ways that I am inspired and awed at God's creation.

Music.

I love it, mostly all kinds, with the exception of gangsta rap and heavy metal. (I do like to understand the lyrics now and then) Not that those two styles are bad, just not for me. Music takes me to another level and when I hear a good or great singer I am awed by God's gifts to others. His creation, so to speak, in others.

So I wanted to highlight a little known singer that I absolutely love. Her name is Michelle*. I will be posting more of her covers, but this a start. Etta James' At Last:



Who's your favorite singer? What's your favorite song? I love some James Taylor (my hubby proposed to me at one of his concerts). My favorite song by him...You've Got a Friend. Kitchsy, I know, but I love it. It reminds me that I am there for others always.

*disclaimer: Michelle is my sister ;) so I may be just a tiny bit biased. I love to hear her sing, it brings tears of joy to my eyes. M, if you are reading this..I love ya and miss you tons!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Music...it can move the soul...thanks for giving me pause to reflect on the awesomeness of God's creation...and the varied types of creation

WingletDriver said...

That is awesome! What a soulful voice she has. Very "old school"!

My oldest mentioned ya'll have some singing talent in your family. Very cool.

Sarah - Kala said...

Winglet (Maurisa) - you should hear DAWN sing. She will downplay it to M being better, but they are both talented, lovely gels!

Maurisa said...

Ha ha, Sarah-Kala, I didn't catch that I was posting under my husband's blogspot name! How'd you guess?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin