Text

"An error in the beginning is an error indeed." - St. Thomas Aquinas
"Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath and a glass of wine." - St. Thomas Aquinas


Project Ultrasound


***10 Week Challenge Update: Week 1 9/12-9/16 10.75

Whaddya Say?

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Challenge(s)

I started a self-challenge this week. To run 10 miles in one week. M-Sat. Sunday's are a day off. So far I've logged 4.5 miles. I've had to use the treadmill because it's way too hot, even early in the am, (for me)to run any length of time. I hope to keep updates here, sort of accountability for myself. I never liked running. I used to dread the PT sessions when I was in the Navy, only because of the runs. I was so slow and inevitably ended up last person in and feeling like I was about to keel over.

Recently, however, I've had this weird desire to run. I feel sorta like Forrest Gump, but not.. he kept on run-ning and run-ning..I don't quite feel that good about it, but I don't mind doing it.

My other self-challenge is to cook more "from scratch" dinners. I usually have a box of something or can of this or packet of that. No more. I'm not going 100% organic or anything like that, but just fresher ingredients and less, much less, pre-packaged stuff.

So..that's my self-challenge. I'll keep you updated.

2 comments:

Sarah Oldham said...

I'm with you on less packaged stuff (I had been using more than I was generally comfortable with - making sauce is easy why use packets?)

Good luck w/ the running, Forester! ;)

Maurisa said...

You go!

From scratch is sooo much better for your family and usually tastes a lot better too!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin