Text

"An error in the beginning is an error indeed." - St. Thomas Aquinas
"Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath and a glass of wine." - St. Thomas Aquinas


Project Ultrasound


***10 Week Challenge Update: Week 1 9/12-9/16 10.75

Whaddya Say?

Friday, June 25, 2010

Well It's A Hot One..

and it sure will feel like we are 7 inches from the midday sun. Another day in the high 90's. I love it. There may be some scattered t-storms this evening..good for the plants.

I went ahead and made the switch to Geometry, for both boys, next year. The original schedule had one doing Advanced Math I and the other, Algebra II. We have had a hard time with the last few sections of Algebra II. My options were to continue on as planned, take the Geometry course, or re-do Algebra II. I didn't want him to repeat Alg II just for those last few sections, he did well for 3/4 of the course. I haven't been able to find a tutor I can afford for Advanced Math, and both Hubby and I did well in Geometry so we will be able to guide the learning.

With both boys working on the same subject the teaching comes much easier. The tail end of this year was crazy for me. I'm no mathematician. I had 4 levels of math going at the same time..switching back and forth from basic multiplication/division, to pre Algebra, Algebra I and Algebra II. I look at my kids and am amazed at how they are learning these concepts. How much they are retaining. If I had known then, what I know now..I would have started introducing these concepts when they were babies.

Putting them on the same course at the same time will free up time for all of us and they will be able to use each other as resources. Although, they've already started the competition thing. When I told them what we would be doing, the middle one already made the challenge to my oldest "I bet I'll get a higher grade on the first test"! Here we go! Ahhhhhh..Brotherly Love.

My oldest is inches away from Eagle Scout. He's finished his last merit badge and just has to submit his paperwork and have his Eagle Scout Board of Review. He's very excited. I am very proud.

Out of 100 Scouts: Four of the one hundred will reach Eagle rank, and at least one will later say that he valued his Eagle above his college degree. Many will find their future vocation through merit badge work and Scouting contacts. Seventeen of the one hundred boys will become adult leaders and will give leadership to thousands of additional boys.

My middle son is following close behind. Next year he begins his final push for Eagle.

My daughter is headed to a Call To Holiness retreat the beginning of July. She'll get to spend some time with other girls to learn about vocations. All vocations. She'll meet the sisters from The Dominican Sisters of St. Cecilia. I've had the opportunity to meet some of these sisters and they are the most joy-filled women I have ever met. I think my daughter is going to have a fabulous time at this retreat. Please keep her in prayer, it's the first time she has been away from home for any length of time.

Check out this beautiful video from The Dominican Sisters of St. Cecilia

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I admit, I had a hard time with algebra (1&2) and Geometry! So I hope your children will do well with it. But, I admit, it has helped me with my sewing!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin