Text

"An error in the beginning is an error indeed." - St. Thomas Aquinas
"Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath and a glass of wine." - St. Thomas Aquinas


Project Ultrasound


***10 Week Challenge Update: Week 1 9/12-9/16 10.75

Whaddya Say?

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Resisting The Devil - A Review

I wasn't sure what lead me to choose Resisting the Devil by Neal Lozano to review. When I received the book I actually became a bit apprehensive about reading it. The title threw me off and I got stuck on that work "Devil". I started to wonder why I had chosen this one and put off reading it for a week.

It sat on the counter, reminding me each day of my choice to review it. So I took it with me to Adoration. I figured that's a great place to start resisting. Right?

It turned out to be excellent. Both Adoration and the book. Mr. Lozano lays out a plan of healing in Resisting The Devil. His is a healing ministry. Not necessarily physical healing, but spiritual ones, and that we, the laypeople of The Church are called to this healing ministry. He explains how the Catholic Church has always encouraged this type of ministry, even though it fell out of fashion in society, along with the devil and sin.

He offers a method of deliverance prayer, that is rooted in scripture and reliant on the sacramental life of The Church. Mr. Lozano clearly defines the rite of exorcism in The Church and explains the difference between exorcism and deliverance ministry.

I highly recommend this book for those who feel they may be called to deliverance ministry. To spiritual healing.

A few weeks later, just after I had finished this book, I attended Adoration and one of our Deacons was leading. He spoke about his healing ministry and prayer group that meets weekly at our church. I realized at that moment why I had chosen Mr. Lozano's book. It was not for me, but for me to pass along. So I did, to our Deacon.

You can find Resisting the Devil at The Catholic Company. Click here for more info.

I am a reviewer for The Catholic Company and received this book free of charge to review.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin