Text

"An error in the beginning is an error indeed." - St. Thomas Aquinas
"Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath and a glass of wine." - St. Thomas Aquinas


Project Ultrasound


***10 Week Challenge Update: Week 1 9/12-9/16 10.75

Whaddya Say?

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Ulterior Motives

I read this last night...

Have you asked The Holy Spirit to show you your hidden sins?

The ones you subconsciously THINK are hidden.

Then I read in the the Gospel of Matthew 15:11 "Not what goes into the mouth defiles a man, but what comes out of the mouth, this defiles a man."

and...

15:17 "Do you not see that whatever goes into the mouth passes into the stomach, and so passes on? 18 But what comes out of the mouth proceeds from the heart, and this defiles a man. 19 For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, fornication, theft, false witness, slander."

I got my feelings hurt the other day. It's been a week or so actually, and it's still bothersome. Just because it was done so nonchalantly. Most of the time I just brush it off, but this one went a little deeper. I want to know it's just human failure..slip o' the tongue..shouldn'ta said that..oops..

That little demon that follows me around..akin to wormwood..he wants me to think that there were ulterior motives. He wants me to think more into it. Ugh. Sometimes he gets me.

St. Michael the Archangel..defend us in battle!
Be our protector against the wickedness
and snares of the devil.
Rebuke him, O God!
We humbly beseech Thee.
And do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host,
by Divine Power
Cast into hell
satan and all the evil spirits
who roam about the world
seeking the ruin of souls.
Amen.



2 comments:

Sarah Oldham said...

I hope it wasn't me . . . you know you can slap my butt any time! It will make you feel better and you know I'll understand the retaliation and I'll forgive you. ;)

Listen. This was a GOOD reminder for me. Timely, too.

Love you, Dawn.

Maia said...

I have been struggling similarly this week. I feel so defeated! Thank you for sharing and reminding me to keep praying!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin